Sunday, March 14, 2010

"And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." Matt. 24:14

"May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face to shine upon us, that your way may be known on earth, your saving power among all nations. Let the peoples praise you, O God; let all the peoples praise you! Let the nations be glad and sing for joy, for you judge the peoples with equity and guide the nations upon earth. Let the peoples praise you, O God; let all the peoples praise you! The earth has yielded its increase; God, our God shall bless us. God shall bless us; let all the ends of the earth fear him!"
Psalm 67

In church today we sang the song "Come Thou Fount, Come Thou King" As we got to the line that said
"Come, Thou Fount, come, Thou King; Come, Thou precious Prince of Peace
Hear Your bride, to You we sing, come, Thou Fount of our blessing"

My first thought like it has been for years now was to think about how I'm ready for that day to come, when Christ will return to the earth, and make everything how it was supposed to be from the beginning. But then there was something else within me that said, "No He can't come yet. There are still people who don't know him." Wow, I was like, where did that come from? To be honest, for years and especially in the past two years, I have prayed that the Lord would give me a burden for the lost. I want to see them the way the Lord sees them. And I think the Lord is definitely working in me. To be honest, sharing my faith is hard for me. I have a hard time relating to people, especially those who did not grow up in the church like I did. That said, the more I think about Australia, and the more I pray about Australia, the more anxious I am to be there. I want my life to be worth something. I want to make a difference. And something about going to another country on the other side of the world, makes me feel like I am getting into something bigger than myself. God is going to do a work over there, and I want him to use me. So I do look forward to heaven. I look forward to having no more pain, no more tears, no more death, no more crying, and no more mourning, but how much sweeter will heaven be when we can say that the Lord used us to bring more people, more people to worship him and give him glory for all of eternity!

"I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me;
I was found by those who did not seek me.
To a nation that did not call on my name,
I said, 'Here am I, here am I.' " -Isaiah 65:1

This is my prayer for Australia. They aren't seeking the Lord. As Brian Brown, the former Campus Outreach director in Brisbane, Australia told us, they aren't in need of anything. Life is good for them. In fact, they are either the only country or one of the only countries not in an economic recession right now. It's so easy to rely on yourself in times when things are going great, but I pray that the Lord would break their hearts, show them that they can't make it on their own. They need something bigger than themselves.


No comments:

Post a Comment